Mon, 29 Apr|
CAMPINO - Camino Camp for Runners 2024
Camino Coaches will be hosting a Camp for Runners in the paradise setting of Vale de Moses Portugal for 5 nights from Monday 29th April
Time & Location
29 Apr 2024, 11:00 – 04 May 2024, 11:00
Amieira, Vale de Moses, Yoga Retreat, 6160-052 Amieira, Portugal
About The Event
Camino invites you to join to us for a magical and fully transformational experience at Vale de Moses retreat center in the highlands of Portugal.
This will be a special nourishing runcamp to practice trail-running in the Portuguese mountains with Camino Coaches Paula Bedford, Kelsey Price & David Bone and expert guests providing daily yoga and guidance to benefit all the pillars of movement, health and restoration.
You will be surrounded by deep nature, free of urban noise, extravagant radiation and pollution. The air you will be breathing and the water you will be drinking will be pure and will help you feel the difference in your body and brain function. Furthermore, the majestic location of Vale de Moses in the Portuguese forest gives you many opportunities to spend your free time in a way that nourishes your Spirit:
Walk alone or in groups in the pristine forest, swim in the local river, sunbathe, run and experience freedom or meditate.
Endless opportunities to feed your soul on top of the Camino programme.
For those of you who already know us you will have a clear idea of what to expect with our 'Guided runs with the Camino team' as well as running/movement workshops learning new techniques. For those of you new to us then please do first check out all about us on our Camino website profiles and we invite everyone to contact us for an opportunity to chat more about this special 'camp for runners' and explore all the unique opportunities.
This runcamp is open to everyone, irrespective of your experience of trail-running, yoga or movement, travelling solo or with loved ones.
- 6 Week pre event Coaching plan - we will be sharing trail running advice - kit support as well as a unique 1-2-1 plan for your fitness and hosting a couple of Q&A sessions so you can meet your fellow CAMPINOs and ask questions
- 4 guided forest trail runs and some hikes/walks with Camino
- 1-2-1 run coaching sessions
- Yoga and Movement practices with our guest teacher(s)
- Treatments available from 60€
- 5 nights accommodation in farmhouse bedrooms, stone cottages or Strawberry belle tents
- 3 freshly prepared, nourishing meals (vegan/vegetarian options) daily
- Transportation to and from Oleiros
- We plan to offer 1 Night run with local ultra-runner Carlos
- Day trip (swim optional) picnic at Zezere river (either as a run) or we will get you there
PLACES ARE LIMITED:
Respond now and we will send you details for your deposit (based on the room option you select)
Plans are available.
Bedroom Options and Prices:
Please view accomodation here - https://www.valedemoses.com/wellness-retreat-accommodation
Moses Cottage (FULLY BOOKED) - shared, open plan stone cottage with 4 beds across 2 levels, kitchen facilities, WIFI and a bathroom - sleeps 4
- Twin - £850
- Twin - £850
- Ground Single - £850
- Mezzanine Queen - £950
Adega Cottage (FULLY BOOKED) - shared, open plan stone cottage with 2 single beds across 2 levels, 1 "Ninja Suite" private room and a bathroom - sleeps 3
Farmhouse Bedrooms - (sleeps 6) - 2 double and 1 twin private bedroom
- Ground Double - £900pp / £1250 sole occupancy
- Yellow Queen (BOOKED) - £900pp / £1250 sole occupancy
- Joshua Twin (BOOKED) - £850pp / £1200 sole occupancy
Strawberry Bell Tent - 5 pairs ( sleeps 10) with access to 2 shared bathrooms
- Double - £800pp
- Double - £800pp
- Twin. - £800pp (BOOKED)
- Twin - £800pp
- Twin - £800pp
FOOD AT VALE DE MOSES
You won't be hungry with three lovingly prepared, delicious and nutritious meals every day (vegetarian/vegan options)
Fresh vegetables, salads and fruit available from the Vale de Moses gardens during the season and from their favourite local greengrocers in Oleiros. Rich in pulses and grains, low in salt and high in fresh herbs and spices. Honey from local wild bees is preferred over sugar.
Their talented plant-based chefs bring passion and joy to their cooking. They have years of experience with vegetarian and vegan food in a variety of settings around the world. Their fusion of ingredients, spices and flavours, according to the principles of Ayurveda, mean every dish is not only tasty but also easy to digest.
Start the day with warming tea, fruit and nuts. After morning practise, they serve a nourishing breakfast of rice, millet, quinoa or buckwheat porridge with fruit salad, toasted nuts and seeds, and freshly squeezed juice. Food is plentiful at Vale de Moses.
They are well versed in looking after those who have specific dietary requirements.
Please do let us know any other requirements in advance and introduce yourself to their chef when you arrive.
CAMPINO - HOW TO GET TO US:
How to get to the Vale de Moses.
There are the following three options:
1. Bus from Lisbon to Oleiros (we will get any guest from the town of Oleiros) - this is a cheap option and most guests of the Vale de Moses yoga retreats do this.
We will share the bus booking details as soon as they are available.
2. Hire a Car - Whilst we plan to make the whole Campino based at Vale de Moses - having a car will give guests an extra flexibility.
3. We plan to promote a Car share scheme - so hopefully some guests we will want to hire a car but will have places available to car/share/split costs